How to Test for Fentanyl
Purchase FentKits Here
Fentanyl and its many analogs are highly potent synthetic opioids known to be 100 times stronger than morphine, and 50 times more potent than heroin. The often unknowing consumption of fentanyl is largely responsible for the dramatic surge in drug overdose and drug-related fatalities worldwide. Recently, fentanyl overdose has been reported as the number one cause of death for Americans aged 18-45.
These overdoses have been linked to the manufacturing and selling of fentanyl-laced counterfeit pharmaceutical pills—painkillers like Oxycontin, Vicodin, or Percocet, and benzodiazepines, like Xanax or Valium—as well as fentanyl-laced cocaine, heroin, and many other substances. Drug users are unintentionally consuming fentanyl, and frequently overdosing—in part, due to lack of knowledge of what their substance truly contains.
Because of the widespread use of fentanyl in drug manufacturing, it is impossible to know if a drug is fentanyl-free without testing it. If you did not personally obtain your substance from a pharmacy, it must be tested for fentanyl.
Suggested Order for Fully Testing Your Substance
Please use our fentanyl test strips — along with our spot kits / separation kits —to thoroughly evaluate your sample. FentKits are specifically designed to detect fentanyl and its analogs—they cannot detect other dangerous adulterants.
- First, set a very small sample aside (which you will later use for reagent testing).
- Test using FentKits: Read the instructions, and, ideally, test the entire portion of the substance you intend to consume for fentanyl using our FentKits.
- If you do not intend to test the entire portion of your substance, please see the “Backup Method” for testing a portion of your drugs.
- Test using reagents (Spot Kit / Separation Kit): Take the sample you set aside, and test for adulterants using our spot kit packages / separation kits.
- This small sample cannot be consumed, and must be discarded after testing.
- For more information on how to do this / which to use, please see the “Our Types of Kits” page.
Fentanyl Test Strip Instructions – Yellow Strips
We recently acquired the most accurate, cutting-edge, sensitive fentanyl test strips on the market. These are the yellow fentanyl test strips. These new strips can detect fentanyl and most of its known analogs in any drug sample, and unlike other strips on the market, they do not produce false positives with meth, MDMA, or cocaine that contains levamisole. They can also be used to test pressed ecstasy tablets. These strips utilize a superior antibody with greater specificity to fentanyl, and as a result, are the most reliable strips on the market for drug checking and harm reduction purposes.
The instructions for our new fent strips are shown below. Please read carefully (at least twice) and follow the full instructions closely! To find instructions for the old (blue) fentanyl test strips (which we no longer sell) scroll down below. These instructions will have different dilution ratios than our new strips!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE OLD (BLUE) FENTANYL TEST STRIPS CAN BE FOUND HERE