Can I take (ingest, insufflate, inject, etc.) the small portion of substance I used for testing?
You should not take a substance that has come in contact with the testing liquid under ANY circumstance. All of our spot kits are unsafe to ingest – even in small amounts.
Are The Kits Dangerous?
To date, millions of tests have been conducted without incident. That being said, the chemical mixtures in all of our kits contain a strong acid that can burn your skin and damage your eyes, mouth, or digestive system. They melt certain types of plastic, clothing, wood, and most other materials with the exception of specific plastics and glass – so please only use our approved test tubes. Do not get any of our chemicals on your skin or in your eyes. Do not ingest under ANY circumstances. Avoid inhaling fumes by conducting tests in a well ventilated area.
What should I do if I get the chemicals on my skin, in my eyes, or ingest it?
Call Poison Control (1-800-222-1222)
- If the chemical was swallowed, immediately contact a physician. Poison Control recommends that you thoroughly wash the mouth out as soon as possible and then drink one ounce of water.
- If the chemical is on the skin or in the eyes, flush with lots of water for at least 15 minutes. Contact a physician if necessary.
- If yourself or another individual have inhaled the fumes created during the testing process, immediately move him or her to fresh air and consult a physician if necessary.